Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Build your database for SQL Server, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] In order to build your database project…for SQL Server,…you're going to go up into Team Foundation Server…via the web interface…and you're going to create a build definition.…This is something that changed…when Microsoft reinvigorated their build process.…You no longer use Visual Studio to do this.…You're going to create a build definition…using the .NET Desktop template.…And when you do that,…it'll be made up of a number of tasks or steps…that you go through to actually do the build process.…You're going to adjust some settings within there,…save, queue, and then build your database project.…
If you remember from the previous chapter,…the build process is about taking the model definition…and all those .SQL files…and generating the DAC pack…which contains the model definition used during deployment.…So let's take a look at…how we configure our build definition…and look at our agents inside Team Foundation Server.…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.