Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Build your database for SQL Server: Demo, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] So let's come back to my team project here,…and now let's come over here to the build option…and click builds to be taken to the build hub.…And you'll notice, right now,…I do not have any build definitions.…A build definition is, at the end of the day,…a JSON file that describes…the build steps that you want to accomplish.…I'm going to click the new definition button…here in the middle of the screen.…And you'll see, over here on the right hand side,…I have a lot of different templates…depending upon what I'm building.…And you can see all sorts of great stuff.…
Unfortunately, there isn't a dedicated SSDT project.…But we don't really need one,…we can just use the .NET Desktop one.…I'm going to click the blue apply button,…and then you'll see that I've got a bunch…of individual tasks or steps…that have to be accomplished here…to be considered a successful build.…You'll also see that there's this warning…here in red that says some settings need attention.…If you come over here to the right…it's saying, which agent queue do you want to use?…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.