Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Branching and merging, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] So you've just had a crash course…on version control.…I wanted to show you just enough…so that we can feed the rest of our CICD pipeline…where we talk about builds, releases, and testing.…A critical aspect in working for a lot of teams is,…what is their branching and merging strategy?…That's something I think you really need to think about…and the choice of version control you pick…is going to affect that branching model.…TFVC branches provide a centralized control aspect,…lots of rigor, but they can be inflexible…and require a lot more administration.…
Git branches are lightweight…and are a part of just the way you work with Git.…It can be very flexible.…They can just be private…or you can share them with your team members.…No matter which one you choose,…it's important that you think about how you're going to do this…and talk to your team members.…If you need to know more about it,…you can look in the LinkedIn Library…as well as the course that's being referenced below.…The bottom line is think about your version control strategy…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.