- [Instructor] Batch mode adaptive joins are one of the…key elements of our query processor enhancements…when we talk about adaptive query processing…in SQL Server 2017.…In the past, I've worked with a lot of customers,…and what we've had to do,…in order to get the right performance in a query we wanted,…was to hint the type of join we wanted,…and specifically, maybe hinting a hash join,…for certain performance characteristics.…And that's because the optimizer…doesn't always have the data it needs.…Sometimes, the optimizer just makes poor decisions.…Most of the time, it's pretty good.…Every now and then, they have a problem.…
And hints are really good to use, if you need to.…You shouldn't be scared of them,…but you don't want to become dependent on them,…because having that hard-coded information can break things…as SQL Server changes over time.…With these kinds of scenarios in mind,…Microsoft introduced the ability…to sense a bad join choice in a plan,…and then dynamically switch to a better join strategy…during execution.…
- Querying with SQL Graph
- String functions in SQL 2017
- Adaptive query processing
- Docker containers and SQL
- Deploying CLR code with SQL Server on Linux
- Working with SQL Operations Studio
- Using snippets
- Code deployment using GIT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. New Features Overview
2. Adaptive Query Processing
3. SQL Server on Linux
4. SQL Server Operations Studio
Using snippets3m 57s
Next steps1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.