Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Backlog: Demo, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- With our team project created…and our extra team member added,…we need to set up our backlog.…In order to do this, I'm going to click on…the work item here,…and select backlogs.…Now a backlog is simply an ordered list of things…you want to track.…When using the scrum template, we generally create…a backlog of product backlog items.…A product backlog item is the scrum terminology applied…to what we often call a requirement.…
In Agile, you may have heard the term user story.…The way I look at a product backlog item,…it's a wish.…It is something the team is going to work on…to make a customer happy.…Our goal is to solve their pain.…Another type of item you might track on the list…could be a bug, a software defect.…Fundamentally, you create a list like this.…As a user, I want to be able…to log in and have my credentials saved.…
I have just created a backlog item.…Fundamentally, when we're working with our database…or any other piece of software,…the product backlog item is the business justification…of what we're doing,…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.