Join Martin Guidry for an in-depth discussion in this video Automating backups, part of SQL Server 2014 Backup and Recovery.
- [Voiceover] When we work with SQL Server databases,…we typically don't want to back them up just once…but rather we would like to back them up on a regular basis.…It would be great if we didn't have to log in to the server…and execute commands…every time we want the backup to occur.…We would like it to be automated.…We can automate SQL Server backups…using third-party tools or using scripts.…But my preferred way to do it…is with a tool built-in to SQL Server…called Maintenance Plans.…I'm gonna show you how to setup a weekly full backup…of all of the databases on the server.…
First, I'm gonna create a folder for this to land in.…So I'll just create a new folder called Weekly.…Then in Management Studio,…I'll open up the Management part of the tree,…go down to Maintenance Plans,…right-click on Maintenance Plan,…and select Maintenance Plan Wizard.…The first screen of the wizard is just an introduction,…we can click Next.…The next screen asks me to set a name.…I'll call mine WeeklyBackup.…
You can call this whatever you want,…
- Types of backups
- Media sets and backups
- Performing a basic backup using the GUI or command line
- Performing a basic restore using the GUI or command line
- Backing up and restoring logs
- Doing partial backup and restores
- Automating backups
- Using encryption and compression
Skill Level Intermediate
Installing and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2014with Ron Davis3h 41m Intermediate
SQL Server 2014 Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry3h 51m Intermediate
Migrating Access Databases to SQL Serverwith Adam Wilbert2h 39m Intermediate
1. Backups in General
4. Partial Backups and Restores
5. Other Backup Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.