Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Automating with SQL Server Agent, part of Installing and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Okay, we just looked at maintenance…and now let's look at SQL Server Agent.…Once again, you see I have SQL Server Agent running…and if you skipped the last video…then what you need to do is open Configuration Manager,…and start SQL Server Agent.…Okay, so SQL Server Agent is running.…We've been using SQL Server Agent for a long, long time.…Also, by default, SQL Server Agent is turned off.…
So, we got SQL Server Agent running.…Now, we've got Jobs, which I covered just a second there,…Alerts, and Operators, and here's my Error Logs,…and, if I'm using a proxy, here's my Proxies in here.…So, let's first take a look at Operators.…Operators is an old term.…It really means who gets notified.…So, I'm going to right click, and go New Operator...,…and the name, I'm going to put "Bob,"…because we've been picking on Bob for over 20 years…and he's used to it.…
So, I'm going to enter Bob's contact information in here,…"firstname.lastname@example.org."…The name is not resolved.…Net send, nobody uses Net send anymore.…Look at how old these dialog boxes are.…
- Planning SQL Server installation
- Installing SQL Server 2014
- Using the tools: SQL Server Management Studio, PowerShell, and more
- Managing the databases
- Automating maintenance
- Performing backups and recovery
- Importing and exporting data
- Indexing databases
- Monitoring activity, performance, and events
- Implementing security
Skill Level Intermediate
Relational Database Fundamentalswith Adam Wilbert2h 40m Beginner
SQL Server 2014 Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry3h 51m Intermediate
1. Installing SQL Server 2014
2. Learning the SQL Server Tools
Using the sqlcmd utility7m 58s
3. Understanding Data Storage
4. Automating Maintenance of SQL Server
5. Implementing a Backup Plan
6. Importing and Exporting Data
Working with the bcp utility8m 12s
7. Indexing the Databases
8. Monitoring SQL Server
9. Understanding SQL Server Security
Next steps2m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.