- [Instructor] Of everything…you've learned about in this course,…this is probably my favorite new feature in SQL Server 2017.…Unfortunately, it is only in Enterprise Edition,…but this is a feature called automatic tuning.…You've learned about parameter sniffing in the last video,…and that's this notion where…you run a stored procedure with one parameter,…and you get a plan that's really great…for that one parameter,…but then you run it again with a different parameter…and you might get a less than optimal plan.…Typically this would occur in the middle of the night,…and you might get paged if you were the on-call DBA,…and the fix was either to recompile the query,…or update statistics,…or do something to flush the plan cache…so that the next time the query ran,…it got a better execution plan.…
There's really no good answer…until you fix your parameter sniffing…or your data skew problem.…However, with SQL Server 2017, we get automatic tuning.…So this works in a certain way,…and it's also available in Azure SQL Database.…
- Querying with SQL Graph
- String functions in SQL 2017
- Adaptive query processing
- Docker containers and SQL
- Deploying CLR code with SQL Server on Linux
- Working with SQL Operations Studio
- Using snippets
- Code deployment using GIT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. New Features Overview
2. Adaptive Query Processing
3. SQL Server on Linux
4. SQL Server Operations Studio
Using snippets3m 57s
Next steps1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.