Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Auditing data access, part of Installing and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Let's take a look at auditing data access.…The truth of it is I can audit…just about everything that we're going to do within SQL.…So, the first thing we need to setup,…under the Security folder, under Server,…is your Audits, right click Audit, New Audit...,…and we need to set this up so…there is a location for the logs to be saved into.…You Audit name is automatically filled out…and, if you like, what you should do,…you should give it some significant name…so you can figure it out.…
But I'm just going to call it "MyAuditLog,"…and we're going to save it into the file.…As you see, you can save it into the Application Log,…Security Log, whatever it is you want to do.…And on a path, I'm going to select a path,…under the C: drive, under Code,…and all you have to do is select one under Chapter 9,…which we're in right now, and I created…a folder "Save_Audit_logs," and we'll say OK.…And we're good to go.…So, we'll just say OK, and now we have MyAuditLog,…and I'm going to go ahead and right click it,…and Enable it.…
Okay, now she's running.…
- Planning SQL Server installation
- Installing SQL Server 2014
- Using the tools: SQL Server Management Studio, PowerShell, and more
- Managing the databases
- Automating maintenance
- Performing backups and recovery
- Importing and exporting data
- Indexing databases
- Monitoring activity, performance, and events
- Implementing security
Skill Level Intermediate
Relational Database Fundamentalswith Adam Wilbert2h 40m Beginner
SQL Server 2014 Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry3h 51m Intermediate
1. Installing SQL Server 2014
2. Learning the SQL Server Tools
Using the sqlcmd utility7m 58s
3. Understanding Data Storage
4. Automating Maintenance of SQL Server
5. Implementing a Backup Plan
6. Importing and Exporting Data
Working with the bcp utility8m 12s
7. Indexing the Databases
8. Monitoring SQL Server
9. Understanding SQL Server Security
Next steps2m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.