Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Apps and databases, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Presenter] In the modern world, we're getting more…to a place where people don't want their apps…to be down just because there's maintenance.…If you're lucky and you can deploy a new version of the app…and the database at the same time, and you can have a window…where the users don't need to be using the system,…that's great.…You don't really have to stress…on what I'm going to talk about here.…But if you're looking to move to a more modern,…24/7 environment where the app is always available,…then you have to start thinking about…how you're going to handle that.…At the end of the day, it requires planning…and is going to require architectural design changes…to your app and your database.…
It's nothing you just buy and drop in.…At the end of the day your application needs…to be able to support the current catalog definition…and the new definition.…You deploy the apps, and then you deploy…the database changes.…The app should understand which version of the database…is deployed and operate at a certain level.…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.