Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Agents, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Narrator] When working with Team Foundation Server…in Team Build, you're going to need of course the team project.…'Cause that's where your source code lives.…And it turns out, you'll define a build definition…within the team project.…However, in order to execute a team build definition,…we need an agent.…An agent runs on a build computer.…Well, on a very small and budget-strapped environment,…you could run it on your Team Foundation Server,…we typically have a dedicated machine,…or even possibly multiple machines running as agents.…
The agent is a piece of software you install…that communicates back with the Team Foundation Server…in order to execute your builds.…One of the great things about Team Foundation Server 2018,…is that it provides support for both Windows, macOS,…and Linux agents.…It's not your father's Microsoft.…One thing to be aware of however, that today SSDT…only supports Windows-based agents.…It is something that requires a Windows machine.…The final thing to be aware of regarding the agent's…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.