Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Agents and pipelines?, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] One of the things that Microsoft did…over the last couple years,…is they unified their build…and release infrastructure models…and they combined the technology to do builds…and releases into a single agent.…So, the setup and configuration for a release server,…the machine that's going to do you releases,…is the same as setting up a build computer.…You get support for Windows, macOS, and Linux,…just like with your build servers.…But, just like with build servers,…to do an SSDT deployment,…which is what we're using to deploy our database,…you can only use a Windows-based agent today.…
The great thing about it is,…the minute you set up a build server,…you've also made it a release server.…The biggest thing to consider here,…is that the identity that the build agent runs under,…or in this case the release agent,…has to have access to the machines…that you want to do your work on.…Now, just like build agents, the controlled process…through the server is done through pipelines…and there's no difference here.…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.