Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Agents and pipelines: Demo, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Narrator] Right now I'm back on my developer box…and I'm going to clean up Visual Studio…I'm going to go to the window menu, close all documents,…and I don't need to save the Schema Compare.…Now if we switch over to my web browse,…we'll see we're in my team project…and were at the task board…What's happen so far is, I've done all these tasks…related to My Visual Studio projects,…What I want to be able to do now is,…set up the build and execute it.…Now the intro to this chapter we talked about…why team build and talked about things about like…agents and pythons et cetera.…
Any a lot of this stuff is things that administers…are going to do.…But I wanted to show you a couple things…that might be worth knowing where they are at in case…you have to look at it or ask someone to manage it for you.…If you come over here to this cog…in the middle of the screen.…You'll see that there's an option for project settings.…There's also one for collection settings.…So let's start there.…For collection settings we're looking at…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.