Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Administration of SQL using the SQL Management Objects tasks, part of SQL Server Integration Services (2015).
- Here we're looking at using SQL Management Object Tasks…that are within SQL Server Integration Services…to do management of SQL Server.…If any of these Tasks seem unfamiliar to you…then you might want to do further investigation.…Because each of them does something…that is common to do within SQL Server for management.…So what the first one is, we've used it before,…is the Back Up Database Task.…And if I open it all's you see that we're going to do…is we're going to come in…and do a back up of AdventureWorks.…
And the back up is going to be of type a Full Backup.…Of course we could do Differential or Transaction Log.…If you're familiar with other types of back ups…and you're not familiar with SQL back ups,…in other type of back ups a Transaction Log back up…might be referred to as an incremental back up.…But here we have the Full, the Differential,…and the Backup component.…And I'll Cancel on out of that as we've seen that before.…The next Task is the Check Database Integrity…and it does exactly what the name implies.…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.