Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Add website to project: Demo, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Narrator] For this last demo, what we're going to do…is modify our deployment process…to not only deploy the database,…but to deploy a web application that uses it.…Now in order to do this I need a web app.…So let's close this window that we don't need anymore…for the post-deployment script.…And, I'm going to undo the change I made…because I don't want to use this right now.…So I'm going to come over here and select…the source control option and select undo and say yes,…and that puts my project into a known state.…
Visual Studios is getting excited and trying to…show me a message here.…I don't care about this right now, so I'm going to close it.…FYI you might see that occasionally in the newer versions…of Visual Studio.…They try and look at your projects and will show you hints…about other tools you might not know about.…Now, me building a website is not what this course is about.…So, I've already built one I just need to add it…to my project.…So if I go backward to my documents folder,…I have an ASP.net 4.6 MVC web app…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.