- SPSS has a very strong history…in the social and behavioral sciences.…That actually is where it gets its name from.…It used to be Statistical Package for the Social Sciences.…But it's used in a number of other industries as well.…On the other hand, the Statistical Programming Language art,…has grown exponentially in popularity and in capabilities.…One of the really neat things is that SPSS…now allows you to integrate R's functionality…into the SPSS environment.…I'm gonna show you how to do that.…
This is a little bit complicated.…We have to download a few extra things.…But it can really be worthwhile to get…the extra capabilities and functions of R.…I'm gonna start by first going up to Help…and just clicking on this item right here: Working With R.…And what this does is it opens up…the browser-based help menu.…And I'm actually gonna come over here…to Integration Plug-in for R Help.…And it's gonna tell us two things that we need to do.…The first thing is actually listed last here.…
You need to install R onto your computer.…
- Build charts, scatterplots, and box plots
- Calculate descriptive statistics such as means and standard deviations
- Use inferential statistics such as t-tests and chi-squares
- Enter and read data
- Create new variables and crosstabulations
- Model associations with correlations, contingency tables, and multiple-regression analysis
- Format and export presentations to share your data
Plus, learn how to extend the power of SPSS with Python and R. This course is ideal for first-time researchers and those who want to make the most of data in their professional and academic work.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Charts for One Variable
3. Modifying Data
4. Working with the Data File
5. Descriptive Statistics for One Variable
6. Inferential Statistics for One Variable
7. Charts for Associations
8. Statistics for Associations
9. Sharing Results
10. Extending SPSS
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.