Join Barton Poulson for an in-depth discussion in this video The Smartreader, part of SPSS Statistics Essential Training.
- As a final step in sharing data,…we can go beyond the static sharing of PDFs,…and JPEG files and documents.…Or even the interaction that's allowed…by the HTML5 files with the web reports.…SPSS has one more option,…it's called a "Smart Reader".…And what this is, is an application…that you download onto your desktop PC,…that allows you, without having SPSS…to open up and manipulate and explore the output files,…which are otherwise locked documents.…
To do this, you first need to download…the Smart Reader application.…You can get this by simply googling SPSS Smart Reader,…and it will get you to this webpage.…The page is called, "IBM developerWorks",…and it contains a number of resources for SPSS.…We'll come back here later when we look at…how to use Python and R,…and other programming languages within SPSS.…What we're going to do is,…we're going to come down here to Smart Reader.…And let's come to here where it says,…"Explore models interactively…"with the Model Viewer from here".…
And it takes us to a new page.…Now, to get to this page,…
- Build charts, scatterplots, and box plots
- Calculate descriptive statistics such as means and standard deviations
- Use inferential statistics such as t-tests and chi-squares
- Enter and read data
- Create new variables and crosstabulations
- Model associations with correlations, contingency tables, and multiple-regression analysis
- Format and export presentations to share your data
Plus, learn how to extend the power of SPSS with Python and R. This course is ideal for first-time researchers and those who want to make the most of data in their professional and academic work.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Charts for One Variable
3. Modifying Data
4. Working with the Data File
5. Descriptive Statistics for One Variable
6. Inferential Statistics for One Variable
7. Charts for Associations
8. Statistics for Associations
9. Sharing Results
10. Extending SPSS
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.