Join Yash Patel for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: One-way ANOVA, part of SPSS for Academic Research.
- [Instructor] You can open up 05_06_output if you'd like,…or just simply follow along with me.…I'm actually going to start in the 05_05_data file.…So the first thing you want to do once you get in here,…is check for normality and outliers.…So I'm going to go up to Analyze,…Descriptive Statistics, Explore.…My dependent variable is a salary,…my college major is my factor.…So I'm going to move those in the appropriate places.…Under Statistics I'll check my Outliers box,…because I like to see the extreme values,…and I'll press Continue.…
Under Plots I want to get rid of the Stem-and-leaf,…'cause I don't like it.…I like the Histogram,…so I'm going to check that,…and I'm also going to check Normality plots with tests,…so that I can get my Shapiro Wilk statistic.…My factors are okay being leveled together,…and I'm going to press Continue.…Under Display I like both Statistics and Plots,…so I'm going to keep those.…Now I will press OK in the bottom right corner,…and it's going to spit out some output for me.…And the first thing I'm going to do is look…
- Quantitative vs. qualitative analysis
- Sample size considerations
- Normal distribution
- Estimating the population mean
- One-sample t-test
- Paired-sample t-test
- One-way and two-way ANOVA
- Repeated measure ANOVA
Skill Level Beginner
1. General Notions about Science and Research
2. Quantitative Research Fundamentals
3. One-Sample T-Test
4. Paired-Samples T-Test
5. Balanced One-Way ANOVA
6. Two-Way ANOVA
7. Repeated Measures ANOVA
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.