Join Yash Patel for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of SPSS for Academic Research.
- [Yash] Congratulations on making it through a course…chock full of statistics and theory.…Through the course,…I gave you very pointed examples…of how to run elementary statistical analyses…and analyzing appropriately.…In the real world,…data can be a lot messier,…and you'll certainly have to do some extra research…to figure out how to transform your data sets…to get some meaningful results.…I would like to reiterate:…stats is not the end all, be all.…Make sure you use your research skills, as well.…
Ask meaningful, well-scoped questions.…Be sure to set up your sampling…and research methodology appropriately.…Only then will you be able to make rigorous calculations…and draw meaningful conclusions.…So what's next for you?…Well, try these tests with your own data.…Find data sets online to practice with.…Run the tests.…Make some inferences.…Draw some conclusions.…The more you do, the more you'll learn.…
- Quantitative vs. qualitative analysis
- Sample size considerations
- Normal distribution
- Estimating the population mean
- One-sample t-test
- Paired-sample t-test
- One-way and two-way ANOVA
- Repeated measure ANOVA
Skill Level Beginner
1. General Notions about Science and Research
2. Quantitative Research Fundamentals
3. One-Sample T-Test
4. Paired-Samples T-Test
5. Balanced One-Way ANOVA
6. Two-Way ANOVA
7. Repeated Measures ANOVA
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.