Join Yash Patel for an in-depth discussion in this video Interpretation of results, part of SPSS for Academic Research.
- [Instructor] Feel free to open up the 0504 output…file if you need to or you can just simply follow along…with me.…I'll take a look at the one way descriptives first.…It looks like the salary means increase from engineering…to finance to kinesiology.…That might be a little different than what you were…thinking.…That's because we've transformed our data to normalize it.…Transformations don't always work, but I wanted to show…you an example in case you needed to do one.…We can't use these numbers at their face value.…The mean annual salary for a kinesiology major…is obviously not $144.…
That's okay that wasn't the main point of the experiment.…Next let's take a look at the homogeneitive variances.…Levene's Test for equality of variances tests the null…hypothesis that the population variances are equal or…stated another way that the group samples are drawn from…populations with the same variance.…If Levene's Test is statistically significant with…P less than .05 you do not have equal variances and have…violated the assumption of homogeneitive variance.…
- Quantitative vs. qualitative analysis
- Sample size considerations
- Normal distribution
- Estimating the population mean
- One-sample t-test
- Paired-sample t-test
- One-way and two-way ANOVA
- Repeated measure ANOVA
Skill Level Beginner
1. General Notions about Science and Research
2. Quantitative Research Fundamentals
3. One-Sample T-Test
4. Paired-Samples T-Test
5. Balanced One-Way ANOVA
6. Two-Way ANOVA
7. Repeated Measures ANOVA
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.