Join Yash Patel for an in-depth discussion in this video Data analysis in SPSS, part of SPSS for Academic Research.
- [Instructor] You'll find this data file…labeled as 04 03 in your exercise files folder.…I've designed this data so that we have…50 observations of our dependent variable,…the sprint time for each treatment,…the carb and the protein.…Of course, I have no way of getting this data…from the real world,…so I've once again relied on good old mockeru…for some mock data.…Remember that sprint times usually fall…within a pretty small range,…especially for a hundred meter dash.…Also, in a paired samples T-Test,…normality and outlier tests are run…on the differences between the two groups.…
So, the first thing we need to do is compute a variable…that tells us the difference.…For this particular test,…I want to run under the assumption that the carb…is our control condition…and that the protein is our test condition.…I'm only doing this since we don't have…a specified control condition.…You could reverse this if you wanted…but that'll change your variable setup…in subsequence steps.…You really just have to reverse the arithmetic…
- Quantitative vs. qualitative analysis
- Sample size considerations
- Normal distribution
- Estimating the population mean
- One-sample t-test
- Paired-sample t-test
- One-way and two-way ANOVA
- Repeated measure ANOVA
Skill Level Beginner
1. General Notions about Science and Research
2. Quantitative Research Fundamentals
3. One-Sample T-Test
4. Paired-Samples T-Test
5. Balanced One-Way ANOVA
6. Two-Way ANOVA
7. Repeated Measures ANOVA
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.