Join Yash Patel for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: One-way ANOVA, part of SPSS for Academic Research.
- [Instructor] Welcome to the third challenge in the course.…You can find the starting data in 05_05…of the exercise files.…The groups and dependent variable…are the same as in the previous two videos.…The data have been populated from Mockaroo.…Admittedly, these play a lot nicer…than in our example.…Your objective is to check the assumptions,…run a one-way ANOVA with a post-hoc Tukey test,…run a general linear model…for partial eta squared calculations,…calculate an omega squared effect size by hand…and interpret all the data and decide what the tests…are actually saying.…
This activity should take you about five to 10 minutes.…You really should pay special attention…to the interpretation of the results more than anything.…Good luck.…
- Quantitative vs. qualitative analysis
- Sample size considerations
- Normal distribution
- Estimating the population mean
- One-sample t-test
- Paired-sample t-test
- One-way and two-way ANOVA
- Repeated measure ANOVA
Skill Level Beginner
1. General Notions about Science and Research
2. Quantitative Research Fundamentals
3. One-Sample T-Test
4. Paired-Samples T-Test
5. Balanced One-Way ANOVA
6. Two-Way ANOVA
7. Repeated Measures ANOVA
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.