Join Yash Patel for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: One-sample t-test, part of SPSS for Academic Research.
- [Instructor] Here's your first challenge.…Of course you'll be performing a one-sample t-test.…Open up 03_05 from the exercise files…to find a Mockaroo dataset of 100 women's heights.…Test it for assumptions,…the normality and the outliers.…Then run a t-test against our benchmark of 64 inches.…Do we reject the null hypothesis for this dataset?…What's your decision based off of?…This whole process should take about five to 10 minutes.…
- Quantitative vs. qualitative analysis
- Sample size considerations
- Normal distribution
- Estimating the population mean
- One-sample t-test
- Paired-sample t-test
- One-way and two-way ANOVA
- Repeated measure ANOVA
Skill Level Beginner
1. General Notions about Science and Research
2. Quantitative Research Fundamentals
3. One-Sample T-Test
4. Paired-Samples T-Test
5. Balanced One-Way ANOVA
6. Two-Way ANOVA
7. Repeated Measures ANOVA
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.