Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,987 courses, including more Audio + Music and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Setting up audio inputs and outputs
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording real instruments
- Looping audio
- Connecting to MIDI devices
- Creating groove clips
- Editing tracks
- Creating FX Chains
- Creating sends and busses
- Automating parameters
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hello, I'm Garrick Chow and welcome to Up and Running with Sonar X2. In this course, I'm going to cover the basic knowledge and skills you'll need to have under your belt in order to use this incredibly powerful digital, audio work workstation. We'll start with a tour around the Sonar Interface to get our bearings and I'll show you how to set up your projects and workspace so you can follow along with me throughout the course. From there, we'll see how to set up Sonar so you can record live audio from instruments or microphones as well as how to import prerecorded audio files into your projects. I'll also show you how to connect MIDI devices and how to play and edit your MIDI performances and Sonar's Piano Roll editor.
Once we have some recordings made, I'll show you how to use Sonar's powerful editing tools so you can quickly and easily split, trim and crossfade items as well as perform several other types of edits and changes to your tracks. From there, we'll progress to mixing our project and see how to use some of Sonar's unique tools for organizing your tracks, applying effects and automating changes during playback. And lastly, well see how to export your final mix as well as how to back up and archive your entire project. By the end of this short course, you should have the information necessary and start creating and editing your own projects.
So let's get started with Up and Running with Sonar X2.