David Antanavige shows how to initiate the app inside the 3DEXPERIENCE platform for SOLIDWORKS xDesign.
- [Instructor] Now as we've mentioned,…SOLIDWORKS xDesign is an app in the 3D experience platform.…So let's just take a little closer look…at how the xDesign app itself works.…If we have a blank dashboard like I've got here,…again we're going to go up to the 3D modeling app's button,…click on that, scroll down to SOLIDWORKS xDesign,…click on that hold,…drag it over and fill it into our space.…I'm going to close this out…and now I'm actually going to click on maximize…to maximize this in our screen…and give us a little bit better interface to work in.…
When you initially start the SOLIDWORKS xDesign app,…it gives you the ability to import a file…or start a new component.…I'm going to go ahead and click on Start New Component.…Initially what you have to do is also select…where you want to create this component.…We have these collaborative spaces…that we just talked about in a previous video.…I'm going to go ahead and dropdown…and select the LinkedIn xDesign and hit OK.…That's going to go ahead and create a new component.…
- Creating a 3D passport
- Using the collaborative space in 3DExperience
- Navigating the xDesign GUI
- Accessing the toolbar tabs
- Getting design guidance
- Creating profiles to customize input loads and constraints
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Advanced Sketchingwith David Antanavige1h 21m Beginner
SOLIDWORKS: Design for Mechatronicswith Justin Flett1h 38m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
2. xDesign GUI
3. Toolbar Tabs
4. Design Guidance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.