Learn how to use the User Assistance to look up various help topics in SOLIDWORKS xDesign.
- [Instructor] Like other 3D CAD software packages,…SOLIDWORKS xDesign has a thorough help library…to give you references for all the features…and functions in the software.…If you go down to the toolbar at the bottom…and click on the Tools tab,…in the middle you'll find the User Assistance button.…As I hover over it, you can see the small message…to the right saying User Assistance,…Shows the User Assistance panel.…If I click on this, it activates the User Assistance panel.…Because I have toggled my Task pane open…and closed to maximize my view,…I have this small white arrow over here.…
As I hover over it, the xDesign Help pops out.…I'm going to click on the pin above to lock it in place.…Now, you can see the Home,…Table Contents, and the welcome message…for the xDesign Help Library.…As I scroll down below,…I'm going to click on Expand All,…and you can see all of the features listed.…It starts with the user interface,…working with components,…sketching features, so on and so forth.…If you're interested in a specific topic,…
- Creating a 3D passport
- Using the collaborative space in 3DExperience
- Navigating the xDesign GUI
- Accessing the toolbar tabs
- Getting design guidance
- Creating profiles to customize input loads and constraints
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Advanced Sketchingwith David Antanavige1h 21m Beginner
SOLIDWORKS: Design for Mechatronicswith Justin Flett1h 38m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
2. xDesign GUI
3. Toolbar Tabs
4. Design Guidance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.