Get an introduction to the marketplace app and website used for sourcing OEM parts for SOLIDWORKS xDesign.
- [Narrator] One of the cool features…inside of SOLIDWORKS xDesign is the marketplace.…We have inside of the marketplace,…if you go down to your toolbar…and click on the marketplace tab,…you find make…and part supply.…If you click on make, this gives you…the ability to load your part…up onto the 3DEXPERIENCE Marketplace Make website…where you can find people who can…manufacture this part for you.…I'm going to go ahead and hit send to make.…
I'm now going to open make and see the result.…You can see here I've opened up a completely new dashboard,…and as it finishes loading you'll see…that first we select our content, find a service provider,…and then send in our request to get a quote.…This whole process will give us the ability…to basically quote this part on the fly…and send it in to multiple manufacturers…to get multiple quotes at once…and then pick the best one for us.…
You can see here that it's pushed out…our PLATE file as a STP file.…As I scroll down, you see that there are…many options that we have to specify,…
- Creating a 3D passport
- Using the collaborative space in 3DExperience
- Navigating the xDesign GUI
- Accessing the toolbar tabs
- Getting design guidance
- Creating profiles to customize input loads and constraints
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Advanced Sketchingwith David Antanavige1h 21m Beginner
SOLIDWORKS: Design for Mechatronicswith Justin Flett1h 38m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
2. xDesign GUI
3. Toolbar Tabs
4. Design Guidance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.