SOLIDWORKS trainer David Antanavige shows how to use the Import feature in the Manage tab in SOLIDWORKS xDesign.
- [Instructor] The last thing that remains here…is importing some geometry into SOLIDWORKS xDesign.…I'm going to go ahead and close this out…because I'm done working with this file,…so I'm going to hit the Close icon over here.…I'm going to start a new component.…I'm going to drop it in…the collaborative space LinkedIn xDesign, click OK.…Let it save that component.…And I'm going to close the revisions,…and now I'm going to go down to the Import option.…
Click on that.…I'm not going to save any of the changes that I've made…'cause I haven't done any yet.…I'm going to click OK again to keep this…in the collaborative space.…And now you can see here I have some options…for what file format I'd like to bring in or import.…I've got SOLIDWORKS, CATIA, 3DXML, STEP, and IGES.…I have a SOLIDWORKS Part file that I'd like to bring in.…I have the source as my disk.…You can also have a 3DDrive Part that you can choose.…
I'm going to choose my file.…It's generating a configuration.…When I'm all set, I hit Import.…You can see here that it's imported my geometry,…
- Creating a 3D passport
- Using the collaborative space in 3DExperience
- Navigating the xDesign GUI
- Accessing the toolbar tabs
- Getting design guidance
- Creating profiles to customize input loads and constraints
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Advanced Sketchingwith David Antanavige1h 21m Beginner
SOLIDWORKS: Design for Mechatronicswith Justin Flett1h 38m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
2. xDesign GUI
3. Toolbar Tabs
4. Design Guidance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.