SOLIDWORKS trainer David Antanavige explains how the Learning Assistant in SOLIDWORKS xDesign gives assistance when completing all the requirements to create design guidance.
- [Instructor] If you haven't used Design Guidance before…and want to look through a few examples…that are provided inside of xDesign,…go down to the Design Guidance tab inside of the toolbar,…click on the Learning Assistant, and this window pops up.…You can see here that it says…Design Guidance is a tool that creates a shape…for the design of a new part…or a redesign of an existing part.…It suggests shapes depending upon your specific load,…restraints, granularity, and the design volume.…Down below, you're going to see three examples.…
If you click on any of them,…it brings them up and kind of shows you the step by step…of how they make these designs,…how you create the initial geometry, how you add clamps,…and how you install the forces as well.…So these can kind of work as a step by step guide…on some very simple examples,…and then you can use them to make your designs…in the future.…So again, if you need some help,…go down to the Design tab and click on Learning Assistant.…
- Creating a 3D passport
- Using the collaborative space in 3DExperience
- Navigating the xDesign GUI
- Accessing the toolbar tabs
- Getting design guidance
- Creating profiles to customize input loads and constraints
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Advanced Sketchingwith David Antanavige1h 21m Beginner
SOLIDWORKS: Design for Mechatronicswith Justin Flett1h 38m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
2. xDesign GUI
3. Toolbar Tabs
4. Design Guidance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.