LinkedIn Learning author David Antanavige explains how Design Guidance in SOLIDWORKS xDesign prevents a surface from moving or deforming.
- [Instructor] One of the new advances…in CAD geometry design is generative design.…Here in SOLIDWORKS xDesign, we have Design Guidance…to help us establish the best shape or ideal profiles needed…to handle a certain load and certain constraints.…So, here I have an example that I ran recently.…Basically, I gave these different-shaped posts…as my end points, from the bottom to the top,…and said let's push a load on the top here.…
Show me what you can generate…that would support that specific load,…and this is the result and the wireframe.…So, if I go to Design Guidance,…click on the New Design button,…I can see my design that was in there, my Results.…I'm going to switch off wireframe,…and you can see here the result that I got.…I can add or remove material to it, reinforcing it.…It gives me a readout…because I have a specific material set to this part.…
By default, it starts with ABS plastic, I believe.…And there's a number of settings that we can adjust,…the symmetry of the part, the volume…that you have to stay inside of, that's this yellow box,…
- Creating a 3D passport
- Using the collaborative space in 3DExperience
- Navigating the xDesign GUI
- Accessing the toolbar tabs
- Getting design guidance
- Creating profiles to customize input loads and constraints
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Advanced Sketchingwith David Antanavige1h 21m Beginner
SOLIDWORKS: Design for Mechatronicswith Justin Flett1h 38m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
2. xDesign GUI
3. Toolbar Tabs
4. Design Guidance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.