David Antanavige shows how creating profiles allows users to create geometry based on the input loads and constraints.
- [Instructor] Once we have the shape we want,…I'm going to go back in here, go to our results,…and switch it back to the volume.…We can go down below and use the create profiles feature…to help guide us in making this geometry.…So I'm going to go ahead and hit create profiles…and you see here it's going to split it up…into various circles or I can select rectangles,…polylines, or slots.…Probably the one that's going to be easiest…to work with for me is going to be rectangles…or some slots that I can join all this stuff together.…
I'm going to add additional planes in here…to really slice it up.…And you can see the resolution I'm…getting on the shape.…If I go ahead and click add profiles,…I now get a number of sketches added to my design…and I can use all of those to create new geometry.…See all the sketches here.…So I can make a series of lofts,…sweeps, and extrusions, combine them together…and smooth them out to fill out this geometry…using the create profiles feature…after I've ran design guidance.…
- Creating a 3D passport
- Using the collaborative space in 3DExperience
- Navigating the xDesign GUI
- Accessing the toolbar tabs
- Getting design guidance
- Creating profiles to customize input loads and constraints
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Advanced Sketchingwith David Antanavige1h 21m Beginner
SOLIDWORKS: Design for Mechatronicswith Justin Flett1h 38m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
2. xDesign GUI
3. Toolbar Tabs
4. Design Guidance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.