Learn about using the routing standard design parts library, and the configurations of the parts.
- [Instructor] When we activated SOLIDWORKS routing earlier…we saw new parts come up in our Design Library.…Now we are going to take a closer look at the Library…and see what's available to us.…Some of the most important parts that you want to locate…for piping are flanges, elbows, pipes, and crosses.…We are going to be using these pieces during this course.…There are more options in the Design Library…than meet the eye.…You might be familiar with some of these pieces…from annotations, assemblies, features, parts,…but we're going to actually scroll down to this new section,…routing, that we peeked at a little bit earlier.…
Now we're going to scroll down to the piping drop down,…select this, and you'll see that we have…the parts that I mentioned.…Crosses, elbows, flanges, pipes, tees, et cetera.…Definitely look through here…and explore some of the different things…that are available to you that you can use…and don't have to create any models from scratch yourself.…To insert a piece you're going to drag it in.…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.