Learn about using the Routing Library Manager to add custom part to your design library and your designs
- [Instructor] Not everything that you need will be…included in the design library, so you're going to need…to add some new parts that you design in Solidworks.…In order to create these custom parts,…let's look at what's required.…Solidworks has some very specific requirements…depending on the part that you're adding.…The best way to start creating these is to do a search…in the help up here for required geometry.…So let's go ahead and search that in the top bar.…
So you'll see our first result here is actually…required features in routing parts and components,…so we'll select that.…And now this screen is immensely useful for you.…Look for the part that you're looking to add.…It might be pipes and tube parts, elbows, flanges,…reducers, et cetera.…It'll give you an outline of everything that needs to be in…your designed pieces.…So this might include a design table with specific…dimensions called out, or it could be a little bit…more simple and just have connection points, routing points…and whatever geometry you want to define your part.…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.