Take a look at a useful tool for editing your pipes and isolating specific parts and portions of your large pipe assembly.
- [Instructor] Another tool that I wanted to point out,…as you start moving into bigger…and more complex assemblies is the Isolate…and route bounding box tool.…By using the Isolate feature, you can hone in…on specific routes,…allowing you to focus on a particular route component…without the rest of the assembly getting in the way.…Let's go over and work on isolating this assembly,…the one that has the T in our route…that we created a little earlier.…So, I'm going to click on that, right-click,…and then come up to Isolate,…which will be about in the center of the menu that pops up.…
So I'm going to select that.…And now you'll see that the rest…of my assembly drops away.…All I have is the route,…and the items that are contained…in that routes of assembly.…That includes our pipes, elbows, reducers,…and our flanges that they were connected to…because we added those to the sub assembly.…So, this is a fantastic way if you want to just edit…within this sub assembly without…the rest of it getting in the way.…Now, you can also go in and select…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.