- I want to thank you for watching…this course on weldments and then before you go I want…to point you in the direction of a few other courses…on SolidWorks that will help you…with your new weldments knowledge.…So, I've got some basic courses here…that I've taught on RAPTOR Prototyping,…Sheet Metal for SolidWorks,…a SolidWorks 2014 Essential Training,…and a bunch of other things as far as sheet metal,…Up and Running with eDrawings,…and some older versions of SolidWorks like SolidWorks 2012.…So, if you're looking for more information…on just getting better with SolidWorks,…it will definitely help you with your weldment skills.…
Take a look at that.…Also on the lynda.com training library…is a bunch of other resources for software.…Definitely check out the full lynda.com training library.…You're sure to find some great courses…on things that are only going to make you better.…Thanks so much for watching and…good luck with your next project.…
See how to build assemblies from weldments and add gussets, weld beads, and end caps. Then find out how to automatically generate documentation such as weldment cut lists and weld tables to add to your drawings. To wrap up the course, Gabriel offers tips and tricks for fabricating your finished design, such as using standard-sized materials for quick and easy production.
- What are weldments, and why use them?
- Creating construction planes and sketching in 2D and 3D
- Adding structural members
- Flipping and mirroring
- Working with joints, braces, and brackets
- Creating custom profiles
- Making an assembly from a weldment
- Adding in weld beads
- Creating a basic weldment drawing
- Including a weld table
- Preparing for fabrication
Skill Level Advanced
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Understanding Weldments
2. Structural Members
3. Working with Assemblies
4. Weldments Drawings
Adding in a weld table4m 16s
5. Prepairing for Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.