Join David Antanavige for an in-depth discussion in this video Working offline vs. online, part of Learning SOLIDWORKS PDM.
- [Instructor] Although it's mentioned…in previous videos in this course,…I want to take some time to focus on the differences…between working offline and working online…when using the SOLIDWORKS PDM software.…So right now I've got two instances of this part open.…So right now I'm on my client machine,…I've opened up this phalange part,…and also using a remote connection on another machine,…I've opened up the part.…But on this remote machine I have it checked out…and I have full control and I have it resolved.…
So real quick what I'm going to do is edit this hole.…So I'm going to change this to a different size.…Go with the 3/32 is what I'm lookin' for, there it is.…Hit OK, and you can see we've…changed the diameter of this hole.…Up above we can see that we've got our asterisk…meaning we have a change.…We can hit rebuild, save this,…go ahead and check it in,…add a note.…
Click check in.…All right, so that's been pushed up into the vault.…Now I'm going to leave my remote connection,…go back to my main screen.…So now I'm back on my original client.…
- Setting up PDM
- Creating a vault
- Creating users and groups
- Setting permissions
- Working with data cards
- Creating a new project
- Adding files to the vault
- Versioning in PDM
- Working offline and online
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setup Information
2. Administration Tool
3. PDM interface
4. Starting a New Project in PDM
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.