- When working with weldments,…the corners or joints are really important.…We need to figure out how we want…to connect the pieces together.…Most of the time inside of weldments you're going to be…doing some type of either welding, or bolting, or drilling,…or screwing, or some method of…connecting these parts together.…So, depending on how we do that, is how we define…what the joint or the end condition is going to be.…So, let's go ahead and create a weldment here,…I've already defined a sketch here with a couple of…different diagonal lines, and go ahead and start a…weldment and choose a structural number.…
In this case here I'm going to choose ANSI inch,…I'm going to choose pipe,…and I'm going to choose inch and a half, schedule 40,…and I'm going to choose this first line here.…Soon as I do that I get a one piece of pipe along that line,…and notice as soon as I choose this next line,…by default, it's given me this butt joint here,…and I can choose what type of corner treatment…I am going to use.…We saw before we had a mitered corner,…
See how to build assemblies from weldments and add gussets, weld beads, and end caps. Then find out how to automatically generate documentation such as weldment cut lists and weld tables to add to your drawings. To wrap up the course, Gabriel offers tips and tricks for fabricating your finished design, such as using standard-sized materials for quick and easy production.
- What are weldments, and why use them?
- Creating construction planes and sketching in 2D and 3D
- Adding structural members
- Flipping and mirroring
- Working with joints, braces, and brackets
- Creating custom profiles
- Making an assembly from a weldment
- Adding in weld beads
- Creating a basic weldment drawing
- Including a weld table
- Preparing for fabrication
Skill Level Advanced
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Understanding Weldments
2. Structural Members
3. Working with Assemblies
4. Weldments Drawings
Adding in a weld table4m 16s
5. Prepairing for Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.