This video shows how to creating flat patterns with the correct K-Factors.
- [Instructor] Question number three…of the sample exam asks us…to modify the equation values one more time,…and then flatten out the part…and assign a K value of .4.…So, let's go over here to the equations.…One more time let's change these values.…So, for question number three, let's type in 180.…Come down to the next value here, which is the B value,…which is gonna be 100.…Come down to the next value here, and it's gonna be 50.…And then, 15 for the last one there.…
Fifteen.…Click okay.…Let's go ahead and rebuild the part.…And now, we wanna come over here to the sheet metal feature.…Right-click on that and click on edit feature.…As far as the bend radius and thickness,…it's 1 millimeter bend radius,…and a 1.2 millimeter sheet metal thickness.…And now, down here at the K factor,…we need to change that value to being .4.…Click on okay.…Now our part automatically updates.…Let's rebuild just for good measure.…And now, let's go ahead and flatten out that part.…So, I'm gonna go over to sheet metal, click on flatten,…and there's my flat pattern.…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready for the CSWPA-SM Exam
2. Sheet Metal Tools
3. Sample Exam Questions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.