Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the Freeform surface command, part of SOLIDWORKS: Surfacing.
- The freeform surface tool inside of SOLIDWORKS…allows you to take a solid model,…grab one of the faces and start manipulating it around,…and creating a real freeform surface.…To get started, let's go ahead and click on…the surfacing toolbar and click on freeform.…The first thing it's asking for…is a face to deform, and I'm going to choose the top…of this rectangular block,…and as soon as I do that, it gives me a little grid,…and it shows me on all four corners,…that I have a contact connection.…So I can also click on any of these,…and look at the other options here,…but we'll get to that later.…
The next thing I wanna do, is I want to add…some symmetry, you can do this if you want to,…it's not required, but if I add symmetry in direction one,…that means anything I do on the right-hand side here…shows up on the left-hand side.…Same here with direction two, anything on the right,…same thing on the left.…I don't wanna turn on direction two though,…I'm gonna turn that one off.…Now it's asking me how do I control this curve?…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.