Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the Extruded Surface tool, part of SOLIDWORKS: Surfacing.
- The surface extrude command is very similar to a…regular extrude inside of SolidWorks.…To get started, let's go ahead and jump up to the…Sketch toolbar.…Start a sketch and I'm gonna choose this Front Plane.…Now, I can use just about any of my favorite sketch tools.…Jump up here, go ahead and grab the line command.…I'm gonna start a line here at the top.…I'm gonna go grab a tangent arc here,…and then I'm gonna go and grab a spline.…Grab a spline, couple of points here at the bottom,…and there's my basic shape.…I can also go back here and add,…holding down ctrl,…a tangent relationship between the two.…
You can really draw anything here.…I'm just trying to illustrate…what you can do with the extrude sketch.…Once I've got that, go up here to Surfaces…and go to Extruded Surface.…So, I'm gonna take this sketch here…and I'm gonna extrude it out.…Just like a regular extrude command,…I can just drag out the arrows.…I can even drag the arrow in the other direction…if I wanted to.…You can type in values over here or there.…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.