Explore all of the options and windows within the Windows Explorer interface in this video.
- [Instructor] In this video we're going to take a look…at the interface for PDM in Windows Explorer.…Let's jump in and check it out.…Right here on the side in the left…you'll notice that we have the vault…that I installed previously.…You can always tell by the little blueberry icon.…So I'm going to click on this, and I'm already logged in.…And you'll see here the interface.…So this is everything that's going on.…This is PDM, when we talk about PDM…in the Windows Explorer.…So let's start at the top…and then we'll work our way down and across.…So first we have a set of actions that we can do.…
So for each file we can do things like edit it,…check in, check out, get different versions.…If you accidentally check a file out…and don't make any changes you can undo a check out.…You can also generate some items…or browse to a specific item.…If we move over we can modify things.…The typical Windows copy, paste, type items,…but then we also have, related to our workflows,…changing states and changing categories,…updates, and labels.…
- Setting up PDM
- Creating a vault
- Creating users and groups
- Setting permissions
- Working with data cards
- Creating a new project
- Adding files to the vault
- Versioning in PDM
- Working offline and online
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setup Information
2. Administration Tool
3. PDM interface
4. Starting a New Project in PDM
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.