Join David Antanavige for an in-depth discussion in this video Where used?, part of Learning SOLIDWORKS PDM.
- [Instructor] In the other videos we touched…on the where used tool just slightly,…but at this point I want to jump back…into Windows Explorer and SolidWorks…and see how we can leverage all the available options…and the where used tool on SolidWorks PDM.…So let's start an Explorer here.…I've selected a part in one of my assemblies…that's just a flange, a custom flange…for a pressure vessel.…So you can see when I go to the where used tab,…this is used in a drawing and used…in a couple other assemblies and other drawings.…
As I go across all of these categories,…I can see if it has any warnings or…if the other parts have warnings,…what configurations they're set in, or quantity, version,…and you notice I can sort by all of these.…Who's got it checked out, where it's checked out.…So this'll give me the physical location.…What folder it's found in,…and then last what state it's also in.…So if we go back to the other side here,…we can see that we can also change versions.…
So if you have multiple versions of your part,…
- Setting up PDM
- Creating a vault
- Creating users and groups
- Setting permissions
- Working with data cards
- Creating a new project
- Adding files to the vault
- Versioning in PDM
- Working offline and online
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setup Information
2. Administration Tool
3. PDM interface
4. Starting a New Project in PDM
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.