Go over prerequisites for the course. Having some SOLIDWORKS or CAD design experience would be beneficial for this course.
- [Instructor] This is an intermediate-level course, so a good understanding of the SOLIDWORKS basics is highly recommended. A general understanding of computers and the Windows operating system may be beneficial. And having a basic understanding of electromechanical engineering and design or a background in mechatronics could be beneficial, but is not required. In order to open and use the exercise files, of course the SOLIDWORKS software will be required.
And SOLIDWORKS is generally designed for mechanical design teams, but in this course we'll learn it can also be very useful for electromechanical and mechatronics teams or anyone within the project management environment.
- Designing base components
- Extruding with the Draft command
- Using the Draft Analysis tools
- Adding a shell and ribs
- Creating an assembly
- Routing wire
- Creating drawings and a bill of materials
- Exporting final output