Join Tam Black for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of SOLIDWORKS: Mold Design.
- [Instructor] this course is not an in-depth training on the mold tools of Solidworks. However, l will be using some of Solidworks' mold tools to demonstrate the concepts discussed. This is an overview course of mold design considerations and methods of manufacturing. It should help you get started on your Investigation of manufacturing design and give you a good starting point for your learning journey. FYI, there is not strictly a need for you to use a CAD program to understand the subject matter bot access to some of the free programs listed here may aid in your understanding by simple way of being able to manipulate the examples to see all sides.
In addition to the methods discussed that address the design phase of the project, I'll also break down the procedure of prototype mold-making and casting in a step-by-step that should give you an appreciation for the practice of mold-making.
- What are mold making and casting?
- Type of molds
- Designing a mold
- Types of casting
- Mold and box setup
- Complex molds
- 3D printing and CNC manufacturing for molding and casting
- Other molding processes
Skill Level Beginner
Rhino and V-Ray: Product Design Renderingwith Dave Schultze2h 54m Intermediate
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Prime Studio Product Designwith Stuart Harvey Lee14m 2s Intermediate
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Product Design: From CAD to 3D Modelwith Jean Gorospe1h 45m Beginner
What is mold design?1m 22s
1. What Is Mold Making and Casting?
2. Everyday Casting: Materials
3. Design Considerations for Molding
4. The Casting Process
5. What Prototyping Processes Tell You about Full-Scale Manufacturing
6. 3D Printing and CNC for Molding and Casting
7. Other Applications and Processes
Next steps1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.