Before taking this course it will be good to have a basic to intermediate understanding of the SOLIDWORKS platform.
- [Instructor] For this course, SOLIDWORKS: Performance Tuning, there are no prerequisite courses, but it would be good to have a pretty sturdy handle on the SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD package and how it works. This is really geared towards people who are struggling because they have high demand assemblies, models, or complex geometry. I would suggest, as a new beginner to SOLIDWORKS, checking out our LinkedIn learning essential training and many of the other videos that we have available online. I would also take a moment to skim through the SOLIDWORKS tutorials, which are found right under the help menu and SOLIDWORKS tutorials.
This would be great for beginners to get caught up on all of the functionality of SOLIDWORKS. Past that, we're going to focus all of our time on increasing performance and productivity while working in SOLIDWORKS, adjusting Windows settings, and shaping the environment in which we work in our office. Thanks for listening, and let's get started.
- How your workstation's hardware functions
- Adjusting System Options settings
- Modeling best practices
- Creating custom configurations
- Fixing your assemblies
- Using SpeedPak
- Increasing modeling performance with Instant2D and Instant3D