Learn about the difference between pipe and tube routing.
- [Instructor] In addition to the creation…of routes of pipe,…SolidWorks can also create electrical and tubing routes.…Let's look at tubing next, and see what some…of the similarities and differences are…to the piping routing.…Tubing functions can be found up in the top Tubing tab.…If you click that, you'll see that there are…many similarities to some of the options…that we used to create pipe.…However, the biggest difference between piping…and tubing routing, is that tubing allows for…the creation of flexible pipe.…Here you can see between these two fittings…we have actually a bent tube that routes between them.…
These tubes are controlled by splines…instead of straight lines in a three-dimensional sketch.…Tubing functions are great for the addition…of hydraulics and pneumatic tubing into your models.…It allows for a much simpler creation of tube…than if it was drawn completely by hand.…However, in addition to flexible tubing,…it can be used for things like solid copper tubing.…You'll just have to pay attention to the materials…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.