Learn about how weld gaps allow for spaces to be created between pipes for assembly.
- [Instructor] When designing pipes for various systems,…there's a chance you'll need to include weld gaps…in your design.…Weld gaps take into account the space needed for welders…to properly attach your pipe segments…so that the final design fits into the allocated space.…Although you can account for these in the route…at the beginning in the start route menu,…you can also add them after the fact in various segments.…So let's work on adding that into this segment here.…I'm going to go ahead and open this assembly…to edit the route.…And now I'm going to click on this segment cuz I want to add…some weld gaps in this area of this pipe segment.…
So I'm going to right-click, and this time,…I'm going to go into Weld Gap.…Now you'll see fairly simple menu come up here.…Now since we want to great weld gaps, we're going to go ahead…and click that button.…And you'll see you have options to add it…at all of the points that SOLIDWORKS knows…you could add in weld gaps.…So if you needed to add a weld gap in somewhere else,…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.