Learn how to animate your CAD designs in SOLIDWORKS. Discover how to generate simple animations, create complex animations with manual techniques and motion drivers, and more.
- [Instructor] SOLIDWORKS is a global leader in engineering and design software used throughout numerous industries. SOLIDWORKS animation tools can be used to animate your design. In order to explain its function and assembly, I wanna help showcase and communicate your products. Hi, I'm Justin Flett and welcome to SOLIDWORKS: Animations. I've been working with SOLIDWORKS and SOLIDWORKS Animations as a mechanical engineer and designer across numerous industries for over 10 years.
In this course, we'll take a look at the entire process of generating a SOLIDWORKS animation project. First, we'll learn the basics of the software and how to generate simple animations using the Animation Wizard. We'll then look into creating some more complex animations using manual methods and motion drivers. Finally, we'll learn some simple physics-based motion and how to generate walkthrough animations.
By the end of this course we'll have a strong foundation of the SOLIDWORKS animation fundamentals and we'll be able to quickly and efficiently generate animation projects. Now let's get started with SOLIDWORKS Animations.
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.