Learn how to import foreign geometry into SOLIDWORKS and leverage it in your designs.
- [David] Hello, my name is David Antanavige, certified SOLIDWORKS expert. Welcome to the Importing Geometry From Other Apps course in SOLIDWORKS. SOLIDWORKS has many tools to help us import geometry from other software packages. In this course, we're going to go through all the different ways that we can handle 3D, 2D, and other forms of geometry that are out there. We're going to start by importing geometry from sources online and showing how to do that. We're then going to move forward and show how to import 3D geometry.
We're going to start with IGES files, move onto STEP files, Parasolid files, and wrap up with STL files. After this, we're going to transition over to 2D file formats and see what's required to translate this information. To wrap it all up, we're going to show how we can then export the same file formats out to other users. Thank you for joining me, and let's get started.
- Opening files from different versions of SOLIDWORKS
- Importing models from online sources
- Importing 3D files
- Importing 2D files
- Exporting 2D and 3D files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Imported Geometry
Imported geometry sources1m 56s
2. Working with 3D Geometry
3. Working with 2D Geometry
4. Exporting from SOLIDWORKS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.