Get started with Autodesk HSMXpress, the 2.5 axis CAM plugin that brings integrated CAM to SOLIDWORKS. Discover how to set up a machine and fixtures, configure tools, generate toolpaths, and more.
- [Gabriel] Hi, I'm Gabriel Corbett and welcome to SOLIDWORKS: Integrated CAM with HSMxpress. In this course, we'll learn how to set up and machine CNC parts directly in the familiar SOLIDWORKS environment. We will start by setting up fixtures, work offsets, and coordinate systems, then we will learn about selecting and creating tools for the operations. We will learn about the tool libraries and copying tools from other jobs. Next we'll cover drilling, spot drilling, and tapping, and then jump into the 2D machining operations.
We will cover facing, adaptive clearing, 2D pockets, slots, thread milling, helical boring, and so much more. Finally, we'll cover methods for verifying your operations using the simulation tools, running time studies, generating g-code and post-processing options. Now let's get started with SOLIDWORKS: Integrated CAM with HSMxpress.
- Loading models and assemblies
- Stock setup
- Choosing the WCS and running multiple parts at once
- Building custom tools
- Running a drilling operation
- 2D milling operations
- Modifying your post processor
- Simulating the milling operations
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
1. HSMXpress Job Setup
2. Tools/Tool Library
3. Drilling Operations
4. 2D Milling Operations
5. Simulation and Post Processing
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.